Improving the building
Working out the future
Proposing uses

Background Info
Low Parkamoor and sister farm Lawson Park (2 kilometres away) were originally emparked by Furness Abbey in the 14th Century. John Ruskin owned Lawson Park and finally lived at Brantwood, the neighbouring estate to Low Parkamoor. The last permanent resident, a farmer, died in the 1940’s during a snow-storm. Up to around 10 years ago, the farmhouse was used as a bunkbarn by orienteers, scout groups and academics. In 2005, a series of break-ins highlighted the farmhouse’s dereliction; every window was smashed, then boarded up and broken into again.

Partnerships | Support | Location | Economic context | Visiting | News Archive |
Contact | Credits